Welcome to San Leandro Hospital
For our telephone directory, click here.
Whether you are a patient or a visitor, we are committed to ensuring that everyone receives excellent service. Here you will find information about:
- Spiritual Care - Our Spiritual Care Department provides spiritual counseling and bereavement support to patients, their families and employees. We offer services and support for challenges including grief, death and loss; relationship conflicts; life and workplace transitions; abuse; serious illness, disabilities; as well as drug and alcohol addictions.
- Patient Affairs - Our Administrative and Quality staff are available to assist patients, their families and friends with any questions or concerns about San Leandro Hospital, and/or compliments for the staff. We also offer complaint resolution.
- Medical Records - We provide assistance with obtaining and understanding your medical record so you can ensure its accuracy; better understand who, what, when, where, and why others may access your health information; and make informed decisions when authorizing disclosure to others
- Interpreter Services – San Leandro Hospital utilizes the Alameda Health System’s outstanding Interpreter Services to offer language interpretation in 26 languages. Trained medical interpreters are available through the latest telecommunication technology.
- Facility locations - Visitors have access to free parking in the parking lot directly in front of the hospital. The cafeteria and gift shop is located on the first floor of the hospital.
San Leandro Hospital believes that an important part of providing excellent care and service is hourly rounding. Our patients are visited by one of our caregivers every hour from 6 am - 10 pm and every two hours from 10 pm – 6 am. During this time we:
- Check on our patients and their well-being
- Monitor our patients comfort and pain
- Help our patients move and change positions
- Assist with trips to the bathroom
Our caregivers also make sure that our patients have easy access to the:
- Bedside table
- Water or other beverages
- Call light for assistance
- Urinal and/or bedpan
- Waste basket
What does this mean to our patients, their family, and visitors?
It means that we are anticipating our patients personal needs and monitoring their well-being on an active, hourly basis so that family and visitors can focus on their loved one's recovery.
At San Leandro Hospital our mission is to Care, Heal, Teach, and Serve All.