The Social Service Department of San Leandro Hospital offers a number of important services to our clients and their families. Though daily participation of an interdisciplinary collaboration with your medical team we take a very active role throughout your hospital stay. A few of our current services offered are:
- Crisis counseling to patient/family as well as coordination of transfer to Highland Hospital SART for forensic intervention and continuity of care
- Assessment and mandatory reporting obligations to appropriate authorities in cases of domestic
- Child abuse assessment and reporting
- Substance abuse and dependency referral assistance
- Aging and long-term care with community referrals for assistance and placement
Our staff of medical social workers is trained to provide assistance with social and emotional crisis intervention and referrals. We offer assistance in coping with illness and other life stressors including but not limited to: end of life issues, advance directives bereavement, abuse, neglect, violence, mental health needs and community service referrals. Our services are provided by master-prepared staff social work with experience finding solutions to a variety of complex social service issues.
Our multi-faith Chaplaincy Services are available to meet the spiritual needs of patients and their families. We welcome all faiths and beliefs.